22 September 2013

Every Memory

I have been having quite the rough week and as such, I turned to my blog and wondered how I should go about writing a post. I thought about ranting and raving and complaining about how things never seem to go my way, or even bring up the controversies that one finds between men and women and their assumptions that "friend zone" and other such classifications and problems only arise for one gender and not the other.
However, I didn't want to depress myself even more. 
Then, the title of my blog caught my eye: "I Will Cherish Every Memory". So here it is.

Last night and today, I was told that I wear my heart on my sleeve. While this is true in some instances, I want to amend this and say, I allow people to see my heart when I want them to. Apparently my desire to allow them to see happens so often that they assume they see everything. Now and again I will allow that my emotions escape me--thus those moments when people see me frustrated, angry, or liable to cry. 
Over the last couple of months, I have had the opportunity to meet many new people. Some of them I want to get to know better. Others, I frankly could care less whether I see them ever again (this is a very small pool of people, I've come to realize). I've had my feelings hurt and I am sure I have hurt others feelings. I don't think there is anyone to blame for these happenings because as far as I know, none of these heart breaks were premeditated or counted on. They happen and then we move on. 

I think something that you should understand about me is that as quickly as I can learn to love someone, the moment I feel hurt or in danger of it being completely wrong, I am almost as quickly able to shut down those instincts to love and I move on. It isn't necessarily that I hate or simply don't care for the person anymore but I have chosen to protect myself from future hurt and though I may continue to get to know them, I am a lot less likely to go out of my way to spend time with them.
I realize some of you reading this may think that this isn't very healthy but it allows me to continue on and continue to find happiness in the little things that I will probably continue to take joy in for the rest of my life. 

So now that I have vented a little bit (even though I said I wouldn't...) I will continue on to reflect on my blog title. I will cherish every memory...

This past week I had the opportunity to go to my dance classes and they really do fill my day with light. We are learning tango in one and it's entertaining to see the many different faces of my classmates as they concentrate on the intricacies of the dance. It also helps that our friend who comes in to give an extra hand in the male department is quirky enough that even in the most discouraging of times, makes me laugh. To the point where I've had to make sure that he is behind me in our dancing line so I can concentrate on the dance steps properly.
In the other class though we've spent the better part of three weeks on the cha cha, my classmates are just a fun bunch of souls. And I am grateful for that part of my day.

I also had the opportunity to attend EviDance this weekend which is basically a concert where the school's dance teams get together and perform for the community. It was beautifully thrilling and I wish I could have gone again. 
One of my best friends was thoughtful enough to send me a bouquet of flowers (the majority of them being daisies, my favorite flower) because my favorite season started this weekend. Which is also another thing to celebrate.
Autumn is finally here!
I had the opportunity to ride a scooter for the first time yesterday and I forgot how much I love to ride on motorbikes. It's as thrilling as it is calming. The wind on your cheeks and the freedom is glorious. 
I also got to go to a little bit of a House Show last night after having attended my "niece's" birthday party. She turned 1 the other day. They just grow up so fast! 

I cherish the moments when people have made me feel special throughout the last little while. Bittersweet though the memories may be, they are there and I'm thankful for the love that I have for them and the hope they kindle for a brighter day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment