15 July 2015

Plans and Pain

As many of you have probably picked up on through the perusing of my Facebook feed, I am looking to start a new adventure in the little city of Orem. Why? Well, that would be the mystery a few of you have been facing but it is simply this: I am working on transferring to Utah Valley University. I have talked to quite a few people about the move and the vast majority have spoken very positively on the subject.
I have been attending Brigham Young University here in Provo off and on since I graduated high school 6 years ago in California and I am overdue for a change of scene and pace. However, because of this (and not having spent my time wisely over the past few years and thus being without a car) I have to find not only a place to live but a new job as well.
Thankfully, because of the end of the summer being close at hand, jobs are going to be pretty easy to come by (I've already started a couple applications to places I should be able to fit into) but housing is a completely different beast.
I have put in a few inquiries into different housing situations and it is truly disheartening when the place that would fit best is the one place that isn't communicating back. However, I do still have a handful of weeks to find a new home so I am glad that I made this decision when I did.

I just wanted to thank you all for your support over the past couple days. Honestly, Sunday was one of the worst days I have had in weeks and I am not entirely certain what caused it. I have been more diligent than ever in the taking of my prescription and thus my sudden downswing took me by surprise.
It started with a horrible nightmare that disturbed my early-to-bed attempt awaking me in a rather distraught state 3 hours before I had planned. Instead of the usual ability to shrug it off, roll over and fall asleep, I was awake for 2 hours not quite feeling myself.
When I finally fell asleep, I awoke with only 20 minutes to get myself presentable and to church to be there on time... I was late.
Nothing drags me down more than being in a place where I am usually all smiles and not being able to dredge up even the semblance of a believable smile. I apologize to those who might have been trying to cheer me up without realizing what was going on with me. There are very few times where I absolutely refuse to smile but it is in those instances where if I smile, I will cry.
So thank you for being patient and loving toward me.

I cannot express how much the relationship between me and my family means to me. I am especially thankful this past weekend for the bond I have with my mother. A few years ago, I admit, we went through a rough patch trying to figure out this new dynamic of living but I am glad that we learned enough of each other to find a way past it so that I can talk to her like I do.
She walked through my day with me to see if there was anything more I could do and talking through the nightmare with her brought the tears that I had been holding in since waking which led to being able to take the refreshing nap that I need to get back to myself.

I haven't expressed it very much lately, but I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Alma 7:12
"And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."
He knows my pain. He knows your pain. And He suffered so that He might know exactly how to heal us and help us to know that we are not alone.

Again. Thank you for all your love and support as I go through this transitional time in my life. I am trying to become the woman my Lord would have me be and also be a woman that I and my loved ones can be proud of.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment