19 February 2013

Bands, Blondes and Sunshine

It is almost exactly a month until the first official day of spring! The weather has been pretty mild the last few days and I love seeing the snow disappear little by little. Of course, once it all dispels it will probably blizzard us again at least one more time but I am going sockless with my pants rolled into capris in an attempt to encourage the sun to beat out the clouds.
Fool-proof.
Moving on.
I had the awesome chance to go out for a sort of girl's-night-out with my roommate yesterday after my ward's dinner and activity for our Ecclesiastical Endorsement for school at the Y. It was pretty nice to go out and get some hot cocoa and watch another couple friends of mine perform at the little restaurant. (Shameless plug, if you get a chance you should check out Powerhouse on facebook. They only have a few songs so far but I am a big fan of Don't Ever Say That Again... it is pretty great to say the least.) It was fun to watch them perform their own songs and also covers of a few of the greats. 

But of course I awoke today to remember that although I did not have class, I do have work. Back to the grind again after a wonderfully chill weekend. 
As I think toward summer, I am really looking forward to it. I will finally move out of the Southridge apartments that have been my living for the past year (and will be almost a year and a half come moving day) and so I will have a different environment, different ward, and will have the summer to hopefully make some good friends. Of course that is along with working as many hours as I possibly can and getting ready to dive back in to school, fully submersed. 
The place I plan to move to has a pool I believe and a piano so it will be nice to have a few relaxing things to do this summer where I do not have to travel far to enjoy. Maybe I will try my hand at that whole song-writing thing again... probably not, but at least I can memorize a few pieces that I can play anywhere instead of always having to haul a bag full of books up onto campus. 
Again, moving on. I finally put up a good picture on facebook of my daring turn to blonde hair. Might as well let you all have a look...
I cannot explain how odd it is to look at myself in the mirror and see this but I suppose by the time I get used to it I will have bought another bottle of dye and turn it back to brown. I actually anticipate doing that sometime next month. Can't have prince charming falling in love with my blonde self, now, can I? Because I sure as heck am not keeping my hair blonde for the rest of my life. It seems odd that one's wardrobe would be tailored toward one's hair but mine is. There are a few pieces in my clothing lineup that I have felt that I simply could not wear once my hair was this light shade. Maybe it is just my own personal opinion but there is a certain pink dress that will not be worn until I am brunette once more. 

Aside from that honestly not much has been happening in my life-- at least nothing crazy or unexpected. Sure a few of my friends have either gotten engaged or received their mission calls but that kind of thing does not really alter my course, you know?
I do however need to start planning my trip home. I am wondering if I might be able to find someone who wants to go to Oregon (or thereabouts) during the same week that I want to go so we can drive over... I like the idea of a road trip more than a plane ride but... I have a feeling the plane is what will be used. Ah well. As long as it is before the end of July, I will be quite pleased. Quite frankly, I think the best time would be the end of May or beginning of June depending on when Brookings releases its students... my little sister is graduating, you see? And, well, I cannot miss that for the world. 
Well. That being said. Perhaps I will start scoping out plane tickets. I hope you are enjoying the sunshine as much as I am for those who live close or who are blessed with sunshine today (though I hear in some parts of California there has been more snow... ick, good luck with that). 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment