16 April 2015

Pandora's Box

Nothing is worse than being unsure. Especially in regards to happiness. We are told not to "look a gift horse in the mouth". It is said "some guys have all the luck". But what about those of us who do look? Those of us who ran out of "luck" early on and have had to fight for what they currently have?
I have been told oftener lately than when I was young that I will "find" love when I cease to look for it. But what happens when you stumble across someone and things just click? What are you supposed to do when that occurs? Just look at it briefly, shrug it off, and continue on?
When this happens to me, I feel like I can understand Pandora and her box. I have never been able to take one peek and move on. Even if it is slow at first, I come back to take another look followed by another. Until it is a part of my spare time loop of things to "squander" curiosity on.
Then sooner or later I jump the gun, spill my thoughts where I shouldn't, and am left with the regret--why couldn't I just leave the lid on the box? Why did I have to open the lock because the key was left out?
How many more boxes will I spring open before I learn my lesson and leave the box alone?

Hope, though it spirals upward
Oftener meets its doom in a straight drop
Like the moth drawn to the flame
The last night of summer moving on,
On to the first bite of autumn
The arc of a leap of faith
To the sure plummet of dashed hope

No comments:

Post a Comment