31 March 2014

ATTENTION BOYS...

...or men, or whatever you are calling yourselves today.

I don't know what it is... perhaps it is because it is spring and you realize that there are a lot of twitterpated females and males roaming about. Regardless, it seems that there have been quite a few guys that I have run into that seem to find it necessary to remind me that they have placed me in the friend-zone and aren't planning on changing my status anytime in the near, foreseeable future. 
It's not necessary. 
I admit I pride myself on being quite straightforward especially in regards to my feelings towards men. If I like you or am interested in being more than just friends... I will let you know! 
When you bring up the fact that we are simply friends with the idea that you "don't want to hurt" me well, I have some news for you--it's incredibly frustrating and (surprise of all surprises) does the exact thing you were trying to avoid. Neither I or the next female need you constantly reminding us point-blank that for whatever reason you have decided that we would make better friends than something more serious. 
Why is this?
Because you aren't the only one that we have met that feels that way--and also feels that he needs to constantly remind us. 

Just be yourself. 
I, for one, generally assume that a guy thinks of me as a great friend only unless he does things like holding my hand or cuddling or asking me out on multiple dates over the phone where he goes the extra mile to make me feel special---this also includes seeing me multiple times a week even though it is completely out of your way.

So in summation: yes, I know we are just friends. No, I do not need you to constantly remind me. And no, I don't want you to stop treating me the same way you've always treated me---unless, of course, your feelings have changed and you realize that you don't actually want me in your friend-zone.

Any questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment