25 March 2014

From Home

I had the opportunity to go home this past weekend and though I may have gotten a cold out of it, it was truly a relief to be able to get away from all the responsibility and stress of the adult life and everything that comes with growing up. I was able to go almost anywhere with my family without my phone or purse strapped to my side and in essence walked about just enjoying the scenery. It also reinforced the fact that I really do not like having a mere three days at home--I need at least a week or it is almost a physical pain when I have to leave my family and home in Oregon for Utah once more. (Then there is also the other end of that where I cannot spend much more than a week for the risk of being stir crazy by the end of the visit but I would rather be slightly loathe to part with the coast than be happy to leave.)

There wasn't a drop of rain to be seen while I was visiting and wouldn't you know it but it poured the same night I happened to be back in Utah (or rather, I was in Nevada when it started... I think). 

My great grandmother was feeling rather poorly. It is always a sobering thought when I wonder the last time I see her will be... if it was possibly that last quick visit or if there will be more in the future. I cannot be sure but it breaks my heart to see her falling apart. It haunts her to know that she can no longer sew the quilts and baby blankets that she has been sitting to for years even though there are more and more great grandbabies coming down the line---some that she may never even see in this lifetime. Anyone that looks at her can tell she's tired but we can never be certain how much more she has to endure or learn before she can return to her husband, Dean's, side. 

I guess it's time for bed.... I was bouncing off the walls not too long ago but I think I am finally crashing... thank goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment