17 March 2014

They May Say I'm a Dreamer...

I don't always have epiphanies--but when I do the seem to come when I'm doing simple everyday tasks. Such as making my bed before crawling into it for bedtime. 

Over the last couple of weeks, there have been a lot of lessons, it seems, at church and Institute (seminary for young adults in the church that only occurs once a week) and even through BYU Devotionals that have addressed the subject of finding your eternal companion--what attributes you look for in them--and also being the right person for them (aka don't expect attitudes and habits from them that you don't expect of yourself). 

As I was making my bed, I was reflecting on the dating experiences I have been going through in the last year or so and I realized something. I need someone who will allow me to continue dreaming. Who will allow me to retain my childlike view on certain things and love of the simple pleasures of life (such as watching Disney movies over and over and rereading love stories). However... I also need someone who will allow me to do this without treating me like a child. In fact, he is more than welcome to join me in my love of Disney, etc.

I admit to being rather starry-eyed from time to time and will always love fairy tales (and fully intend to read such stories to my children, encouraging them to dream, create, imagine, and find joy in smaller things). 

So, men. If you intend to only humor me, or pander to my wishes as though I were a younger sibling, keep moving please. I would rather not waste your time nor do I wish for someone to come along and try to change me. I will not change to fit a more "mature" view. Not only am I a dreamer, I am a writer of dreams. If you want to be a part of that dream, well, I invite you to try. Perhaps you will succeed where others have failed before you... (dear me, I sound like a dragon spouting a challenge...)

2 comments:

  1. Cassidy, I love you! And this is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,
    You are awesome. :) It makes me glad that you have continued to read my blogs and comment from time to time. It makes me feel legit. ;D Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete