09 January 2015

I'm Not Saying I'm Wonder Woman...

I'm just saying you've never seen us together at the same time. 

So today's topic tickled me a little and so I thought, why not?

What is Your Super Power?

Interesting question to pose to a mere mortal, don't you think?
Anyway. I have never given the idea of already having super powers much thought in the past. Usually the question is which super power do you wish you had to which I most readily say flight. But that aside I will try to answer this question with some self-observation. 
I would have to say my super power would be my sympathy/empathy. 

I'd rather not start spinning a tale of "woe is me" right now but I have had certain experiences in my life that have blessed me with a certain capacity for compassion for the human plight. It's an almost physical pain that comes on my heart when I see those I interact with in pain. My natural instinct (call it motherly if you will) is to pull them in for a hug, a kiss on the cheek, a pressing of forehead to forehead because I know that loneliness. I know the feeling of being alone in the crowd with a broken heart and an angry spirit and no one deserves to feel that way. No one deserves to think that they are alone when someone has (either on purpose or accidentally) hurt them. 

 This super power extends to listening, to hashing things out, and just cuddling if that's what is needed. 

I love you, my friends. Please, if there is ever anything I can do even if you just need someone to rant to--call me. I was given this talent to give to you. 

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment