07 January 2015

Rule #2!

I can't bring people back from the dead.... it's not a pretty picture. I don't like doing it!
(Can't remember if it's actually #2 but if you get the quote, you get brownie points.)

Today's topic is as follows:

Something I Feel Strongly About

Those of you who have been following my blog over the past couple years (or even the last few months) can probably guess what this blog will be about. Yes. That's correct.

Dating.
Where do I start?
The Game. Oh, the Game. Can we just stop with the Game? This thing that we have come to associate with dating is simply an embittering trial to see who can care the LEAST about whether or not the other person wants to be in a steady relationship. We have all done it, I am sure (even myself on occasion because, hey, who wants to be left out on this brilliant idea) where we wait and wait for the other person to text us or contact us first, to show how desperate they must be for our attention. Good grief. If you're interested, don't keep it a secret from the other person especially if you've already gone as far as to ask them on a date! From a personal standpoint, I have come down to the conclusion that if I don't hear from a guy within a week to a week and an half of the first date--he must not be all that interested in me and, as such, my interest in him goes down.
Perhaps this is a harsh time table, but honestly I am looking to the future, friends. If I say yes to a date, chances are I'm interested in seeing if we can go somewhere. I have enough male friends--so if you're looking for just friendship, please don't block the door.

Another point on dating is this: I am old-fashioned. I like when the guy calls me up with a plan for a date. It is a lovely thing to be open to flexibility in the plan, but be decisive. If you don't have a particular restaurant picked out, that's fine. We can decide together. But do have the plan that we will go out to eat. Or that we will go bowling (or ice skating, or mini-golfing... options aren't a terrible thing). But please choose a direction for the date that will help you get out of the date what you are looking to get out of the date.
If you cannot call for some reason and are limited to text or email or messaging on Facebook--if you don't specify that you are taking me on a date, I will assume that you are looking to hang out. Which does not pique my interest toward something more and I will think that you don't have any serious intentions toward me.

So in summation my thoughts on dating boil down to this-- if you are interested in me, plan a date (day, time, activity--doesn't even have to cost anything, could be card games or something at your apartment even), call me, if it works express interest in a follow up and try not to leave me hanging if at all possible.
And if I say yes to a second date--that's a good sign. It means I'm into you too. Silly.

Love,
Me

PS I am an honest and straightforward person and will tell you if I feel something amiss or feel that something could go somewhere. All I ask is that you do me the same courtesy.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! To all of it!! Enough with this wishy-washy business! :P

    ReplyDelete