05 January 2015

New Year, Fresh Start

Do you ever get caught up in that most euphoric feeling that everything is new? That opportunity has finally come knocking and it is finally YOUR time to do all those things that you have been wanting to do but just haven't been able to muster the energy to pursue?
With the kick start of the New Year and everyone asking the big question, "What are your resolutions?" I have just been mildly overwhelmed with the feeling that this year, 2015, is mine. The winds of change are a-brewing and there is a lightness in my step and heart that has not been there for quite a while now.

I was having a conversation with myself (for who better to talk with about making improvements than with myself?) the other night and I asked myself, "Self, why is it that you can smile? Even through all of the trials and heartbreaks of the past years?" And you know what I told myself? What the answer was to that question? Hope. Faith.
I look to the future with a prayerful heart and a hopeful outlook that the future will be better than the past as long as I hold true to the faith that has gotten me this far. So do I have resolutions? You bet your sweet scooper. Will I hold fast to them? Time will tell but hey, it is a New Year and a fresh start.

One of my favorite gifts from Christmas happened to be a crock pot--one of the items that I feel will help me in at least one of my resolutions to eat more regularly and healthily at that. So, feel free to send good crock pot suggestions because I am going to need not a few. :)

I wish you all luck in the keeping of your resolutions and the realizations of your goals for 2015. And remember--the year is what you make of it, so run like the wind and take a leap now and again.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment