26 July 2014

Adulthood

Life. It's no walk in the park.
There are triumphs and tragedies. Moments of heartbreak and moments where your heart soars.
You learn how to live on your own, work for people that you may like and some that you may not.

Lately as those who read my blogs will know I have been striving to break through a haze, if you will, of anxiety and depression. I was meeting with a counselor for about two months when I was informed that he was not the type that was certified to prescribe medication. But in my last appointment with him, he came to the conclusion that the main reason behind my struggles was probably a chemical imbalance.
So, recently (as in one week ago this coming Monday), I went in to a family doctor, told him what I have been struggling with  along with my symptoms and the counselor's conclusions and BAM! Prescription was given and I have been taking medication every night since. It is having an effect but at this point (it not even being a full week) I'm not entirely sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. But hey, I'm one step closer and that's a happy thought.

The other thing that I have been learning lately is this simple but horrible fact: you cannot please everyone. People are going to be hurt by things you do and say. Other people will be overjoyed and delighted by the mere appearance of your smile.
I have made many friends over the past short months and we all have different temperaments and views on how things should be. We've had our disagreements. I have hurt people with a few of my decisions, some have hurt me.
Some have brought me much joy--and some I hope to bring joy to in the near future.
May we all grow up together and realize that mistakes will be made, feelings will be hurt, love will be discovered, and one day it will all make sense--all of our trials and jubilation will make sense.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment