24 July 2014

Hipster and Peeved

Okay, so not really.
It's been a couple days and I was looking at the list on pinterest and saw these two questions...

What are your views on mainstream music?
and
What are your five main pet peeves?

Clearly, these two topics were meant to be written together (or not so clearly... I may just be bored and need something to do and seeing as the first will take hardly any time at all...). Anyway. Let's address the first question, shall we? (And if you didn't read the last two words like Billy Crystal playing Mike Wizowski, I question your childhood.)

What are my views on mainstream music?
Well, I suppose one would need to know what "mainstream" is nowadays... I don't really listen to the radio all that much but I realize that a few of the artists that used to be deemed only listened to by the "hipsters" are now becoming more popular and widely recognized by the rest of the world.
SO. My opinion? Music is music. If I like it, I'll listen to it. If I don't, I won't. Regardless of how popular or unpopular it may be. That about sums it up.

Moving on.

What are five of my pet peeves?
Good question.
1) Miscommunication. Lack thereof or just misunderstanding really kills me. I am rather straightforward and I recognize that there are some things that people choose not to communicate for one reason or another but if you're trying to work with me in any way, if you could be clear and concise, that would be most fantastic.

2) Rude children. And grownups. But I guess it really bothers me when children are rude because I can see how they are already headed straight toward being rude adults. I cannot express how shocking it is to me when I hear children demand sweets and such from their parents or expect their parents to know that they needed a ride when, imagine that, they had a bout of miscommunication just that morning. It's just sad.

3) Their, they're, and there. Need I say more? (That applies to all of those misused homophones.)

4) People who don't know how to chew gum. Chew like you have a secret, friends. Not like your first cousin is a cow.

5) When people aren't self-aware. If you want me to expound on that you'll have to ask me yourself. Ha.

And that's it for today. Hope you found this slice of my mind... entertaining.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment