14 July 2014

Pinterest Journaling (Hence Blogging) Ideas

When I first started this blog, I used a list of ideas I got from Pinterest and since I've been having such a hard time writing lately, I found another list of 30 topics to talk about. So, here is number one:

Five Ways to Win My Heart

Now this is a tricky thing in general because it seems to vary from man to man--what about them inevitably draws me in and, in the end, wins my heart. Therefore I will list the five that first come to my thoughts for this evening (and maybe more if you are lucky and I am still not tired by the time I figure out the fifth one). So...without further ado...

#1 Remember conversations we have had.
This is a big one. Why? Because it shows that you are actually trying to get to know me and understand what makes me tick and if that also means you remember my favorite snack/food/drink/flowers and other such tidbits to use down the road to cheer me up on a down day, all the better.

#2 Vocabulary
If you have a vast word bank and use the words within it properly and intelligently, it speaks to my writing/English nerd heart.

#3 Getting along with my family
Be it cousins or the legit "shared the same house for years" family, it will always win my heart if you can get along with my family--especially to the point of being able to tease one another and play games together during the holidays.

#4 Silly time
Not just allowing me to be silly but being silly with me--and on the other end, knowing when to be serious with me. I hate being laughed at when I'm serious about something--it hurts.

#5 Honesty
I tend to be blunt and very upfront about who I am and what I want--all I ask is that you return my honesty with your own. Manipulation/cloak and dagger routines are not my favorite.

Bonus #1 Opening doors
Especially when I am getting into your car. It really makes me feel special when you take the time to walk around the car with me just to make sure I get comfortably into your vehicle.

Bonus #2 Sharing your talents
If you have a talent, I want to know about it! Even if it's just playing the kazoo or something. It's even better when we can participate in the same talent--dancing or music. Quoting of Disney movies endlessly? Yes.

Bonus #3 Allowing me to cry
I cannot express how wonderful it is for me to be able to cry in front of you and have you just pull me into your chest. No shushing sounds or asking me not to cry but letting me cry it out and just being there for me--heaven knows I'll be there for you when you cry.

Bonus #4 Allowing me to see you cry
All that nonsense about a "man card" or whatever? Yeah, I don't put stock in it. In fact, it bothers me if I don't at least see some emotion from you even if it isn't all the way into tears. But when you feel comfortable with me insomuch that you can cry while I hold you? It warms my heart.

Bonus #5 Talk
Just talk to me. Ask questions. Let me ask questions. And THEN we can sit in companionable silence while we soak in the company of one another and digest the new tidbits of information we have presented to one another.

I'm sure there are others but I think I may just be able to go to sleep.

(Bonus #6 No judging when it comes to my choice in movies and music... especially the fact that I listen to Christmas music year round.)

No comments:

Post a Comment