23 October 2012

Ironic...

So... today I am supposed to address my top 10 pet peeves. And this is after having gone to the temple, after which I should be trying to keep as kind as possible. But then again, it might be a good completion of my day of de-stress and detox to just get it all out there, so to speak.
Without further ado, "describe 10 pet peeves that you have":

1. I cannot stand chewed nails. I am not going to lie, I used to bite my nails as a kid but my mom soon realized what I was doing and put a stop to it and I am so thankful that she did. When I see bitten nails, I am pretty sure my own nails are screaming in terror in their beds. It looks painful and it is hard to correct and present well-maintained hands. 

2. When people assume that your stuff is free game. There are a few things, such as movies and cooking utensils that I am fine with people using as long as they treat it properly and clean up after themselves/put away the discs, etc. However when other personal items such as ukuleles (which isn't really mine anyway) and various belongings that have sentimental value are picked up out of nowhere and are allowed to be used by anyone without permission... no. I am not okay with that. I suppose it has something to do with the number of siblings I had but who is to know for sure?

3. When people continuously ask me for updates on auditions/job interviews that I post on facebook. If I write about it in a status, asking for prayers, etc, then I will let the facebook world know... when I know.

4. Not being able to watch movies in peace. I just happen to be one of those people who watch a movie for the sake of watching the movie. Sure, I make the occasional comment but a full-blown conversation (especially when I haven't seen the movie or someone else in the room hasn't) definitely is not my favorite. The problem with conversations is one of two things is bound to happen: someone will give away an important point of the movie OR the newbie will miss a key component to the ending of the movie. Then you have have to have a whole conversation explaining what they just missed when they could have just experienced it through the acting. Same thing goes with sports... especially those I don't understand myself. 

5. Not being able to get a word in edge-wise in a conversation... or when I am in the middle of a story and I can't get through it because people can't hold their "clever comments" until I am finished. I like to be a part of the conversation, not a decoration for the room. Thank you.

6. When I am trying to be helpful and point something out kindly and I am completely shot down or have the irritation of whatever the situation may be transferred to me as though everything is suddenly my fault. It happened in the temple today. Ah... the restraint. 

7. Manipulative children... and those manipulative adults who obviously have been like that since they were children. For example-- I was in Walmart the other day in need of some conditioner and found it in the same aisle as the hair color. Enter little girl with faded multicolored hair with a weary looking lady behind her. Little girl wants the reddest hair dye the store has to offer. She finds it. It is approximately 8 dollars. Not too expensive if you are a grown lady and feel the need to cover up some grays but at the pampering of a child who should still have natural hair? The mom tentatively agrees to it until she hears how much it costs. The mom is then adamant the little girl choose something less expensive. Little girl throws tantrum. You know the kind. Trying to butter the mom up at first but seeing that is not going to work immediately turns into a wee devil, accusing her mom of being a liar and a cheapskate. Calling all the other colors puke ugly and only for old women, etc etc... I am highly curious but I do hope that lady stuck to her guns.
Manipulative adults... still acting like children except in suits and such. Oi.

8. The heat. Personally, I would be fine with cool-cold weather all year round. Why? Scarves, my friends. Scarves and sweaters and long sleeve shirts with cute pea coats and boots... to boot. Haha! The heat? Swimming you say? Bah. I can swim inside in a heated pool area if I really wanted to I suppose. And how much can you take off in the summer and still be decent to be seen in EVERY situation? Yeah... not much at all.

9. There, they're and their. Use them properly. And on the subject of writing-- u is not acceptable for you in my eyes. I know there are more of them but I don't need to go into too much of a rant on this one I suppose.

10. What to choose for my tenth pet-peeve... 
I suppose I will settle for this: when someone has no idea where they are going but insists that it is perfectly okay to keep the music up loud so that they can't hear the advice of those around them. Pride doesn't get you to your destination any faster and turning up the volume to "preserve your pride" is dangerous in that it is completely distracting and unattractive. One thing is for sure. Any man of mine better walk the line--- if he isn't going to ask for directions he had better allow me to ask for directions and then tell him which way we need to go from there or get out of the driver seat and let me get us to our destination with our lives in tact and a little less grief and stress. That is all.

Honestly, there are more but I suppose this is enough risk at upsetting people for one day. Granted not everyone who applies to these pet peeves of mine (and certainly the weather isn't going to catch wind of this) will read it. But that's how I see it. Until next time where you will get a peek into the daily life of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment