20 October 2012

That's Called Entertainment

"What is your dream job and why?"

I absolutely love to make people laugh, cry, think and feel inspired. I love it when something I do has some sort of impact on those around me whether it be big or small, life-changing or merely thought-provoking. Of course I love to know when people have been affected by what I do but it is not always completely necessary. 
I find it kind of funny how much I detest and quail over auditions but once I have passed that small but necessary evil nuisance, I completely come to life on stage. I light up like a firefly on the 4th of July whenever I receive and then deliver a role really well. 
In all honesty however I do not like to be put on the spot but if given notice I am always more than willing to sing a song or play the piano.
I also love to write. Thus, if I were to be able to cultivate and nurture that passion as well, my dream job would be a performer as well as a writer or perhaps a lyricist. I love to tell stories, whether by acting them out or writing them down or even singing about them. 

I would love a job that would allow me to connect with people from all walks of life, from the eldest generation to the smallest child. In my mind it wouldn't be just a job but an act of service. To share my love and passion for these talents and the stories that I dream up would bring me the most fulfillment and happiness in my individual life. Would someone allow me to share an experience with them that can be both humorous and poignant in the space of a breath? 

If you would ask, chances are I would love to share a story or two with you that I am working on currently or perhaps a poem that I have somehow churned out. Create with me, perform with me, grow with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment