27 October 2012

So That Our Weakness Might Become Strength

So yesterday was quite fun as far as the evening's activities went. First I went on a date to the Awful Waffle (soo yummy! A waffle with Nutella on it? Yes, please!) where I got to see my illustrious roommate perform with her a'capella group which is always a treat. After saying goodbye to my date, I donned my costume and jumped into the car with four other lovely ladies and we went to a Halloween dance! 
It was pretty good, I suppose. I did meet a rather good looking man who asked for my number at the end of the evening. Second time in a week, what? Let's see if this one actually calls.

Anyway, turning to the matters at hand, what is a weakness? In the dictionary it reads "the state or condition of lacking strength; a quality or feature regarded as a disadvantage or fault; failings". In my opinion, weakness is one of the things that makes the world go around. If we didn't have weaknesses then those who have the strength to combat our weaknesses or help us learn to overcome them would have no meaning. 
Furthermore, when we have weaknesses it gives us room for growth and improvement so I am thankful for the weaknesses I have and for how mindful the Lord is of them and helping me find ways to improve them and turn them into strengths. 

Describe 5 weaknesses you have:

1. I tend to talk a lot. This might not always be considered a bad thing but when I am trying to get to know others or help them out with their problems, isn't it better to listen? Sometimes at the end of an hour I find that they surely know a lot more about me than I know about them or have complained longer about what is going wrong in my life than giving them someone to complain to. Self-centeredness is what it's called I believe. 

2. The plethora of creative ideas I have running rampant in my head. Why? I have yet to finish one story because I get so distracted by the other ideas I have. Maybe if I could sell my ideas to those who are equipped with the time and patience and focus to actually see the story into fruition... 

3. My quick-to-love heart. When I set about to finding the best in people (or more specifically men) I find myself falling in love for them. Of course, it isn't every guy I meet, but if they don't give me a reason not to like them and fast then my heart seems to lay ties and railroad tracks that I am later tied to run and run over because of. I get hurt and heartbroken more often than I care to admit. Perhaps if I were to be more choosey... (but then again, some people think I am too opinionated and selective already).

4. Blue eyes. Curses.

5. My desire to not fail. Ever. This weakness sometimes cons me into the belief that if I simply don't try then I won't fail. Which is obviously wrong but being mortal kind of has it's kinks and problems that need to be ironed out by ourselves. In my acting class we are told if we do not fail then we fail. Meaning, if we don't put ourselves out there and risk failure then we fail to grow and we fail to live. We may have played it safe in our acting and maybe come out with an okay piece of work but we can never be amazing if we aren't willing to fail.

These are just a few of my weaknesses. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment